MaxCap Group (MaxCap) is a leading institutional-grade commercial real estate investment manager with FUMA of over $4.1bn.
Problem / Opportunity
The business was owned by two founders that were seeking a partner to support the business growth ambitions.
- Grant Samuel undertook a 3-stage auction process which culminated in the sale of ~50% of the business to Apollo Global Asset Management in September 2021
- Extensive international marketing campaign
- Bespoke transaction process designed to meet the founders’ objectives
- Meticulous preparation over four months to define the business plan and growth strategy
- Complex transaction structuring
Key outcomes and benefits
- Culturally aligned partner that shares the founders’ vision for growth
- Allowed founders to retain day-to-day control of the business
- Partner could help accelerate growth via deployment of capital, expertise and geographic reach
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Grant Samuel team for their outstanding work representing MaxCap on this watershed transaction [and] their wise counsel and unwavering commitment to the cause.”
Brae Sokolski, Executive Director & Founder